Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
abhi.prakash

Untitled thread

I am using the Ymesanger on fedora core! It gave me an Segmentation fault after which i am not able to use Ymessanger. I have also gaim iinstalled. I want both. I have removed all the dependencies.

When i tried to install thru rh9.ymessenger-1.0.4-1.i386.rpm it throws an msg

file /opt/ymessenger/bin/ymessenger.bin from install of ymessenger-1.0.4-1 conflicts with file from package ymessenger-1.0.4-1

file /opt/ymessenger/lib/libgtkhtml.so.6 from install of ymessenger-1.0.4-1 conflicts with file from package ymessenger-1.0.4-1

When i checkout tat directory thrs no files as such.

I am able to use gaim. Its working fine

I wan to know wts the problem is...

oops! sounds like you may have deleted the files supplied by the RPM

instead of using 'rpm -e' to remove the package from your system.

Now your system thinks the package it still installed.

By the way, if you'd like, you can use gaim as your default messenger for yahoo too!! I do and it works fine, it just doesn't give you email notification.

Daum

Originally posted by abhi.prakash:

Quote:
I am using the Ymesanger on fedora core! It gave me an Segmentation fault after which i am not able to use Ymessanger. I have also gaim iinstalled. I want both. I have removed all the dependencies.

When i tried to install thru rh9.ymessenger-1.0.4-1.i386.rpm it throws an msg

file /opt/ymessenger/bin/ymessenger.bin from install of ymessenger-1.0.4-1 conflicts with file from package ymessenger-1.0.4-1

file /opt/ymessenger/lib/libgtkhtml.so.6 from install of ymessenger-1.0.4-1 conflicts with file from package ymessenger-1.0.4-1

When i checkout tat directory thrs no files as such.

I am able to use gaim. Its working fine

I wan to know wts the problem is...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks. Is tat not possible for me nw to re-install the ymessenger. I want to use both messenger and gaim at a time.