Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
E-2k5

What vid card is better?

A GeForce FX 5200 256MB DDR AGP Video Card or Sapphire RADEON 9550 ATLANTIS 256MB DDR AGP8X??? i need an answer please cuz im gonna buy one vid card soon, thanks laugh

PS= i have 15-Pin VGA

I like the Radeon Series. I have the 9600 Pro. AWSOME card. I'm not sure what the specs are on the 9550 but the 9600 pro outperformed the mid range Nvidia cards.

My 9600 Pro played Doom 3 and HL2 perfectly. May I suggest a 9600 Pro. You can find one for about the same price as the 9550 if you do some shopping. I dont know if the 9600 Pro comes in a 256mb flavor though.

I have used both Nvidia and ATI, and the ATI cards typically produce better visual quality in general both 2d and 3d.

Hope this helps.

thx man but i don't have the munny to buy that vid card i just need the 9550 smile oh and i also looking for fast gameplay in video cards so i suposse the ATI Radeon 9550 kickass right?

one more thing... when i was looking "everest" i saw that the vid card mi using now it's running in a PCI dispositive, so that means i can't buy Radeon nor FX 5200 cuz they are for AGP right? god i need to buy em because someone tell that AGP is always better... frown

AND where do i need to go to find out if i have AGP connections to my video card? i need an answer fast frown

PS= sry for triple posting laugh

It says it has 6 PCI, 1 AGP, 1CNR

so can i buy GeForce Fx 5200 or teh second one i posted? thanks laugh

Btw... what means 8xAGP? i hope it doesn't mean i gotta have 8 AGP... frown

I just realised something in everest, it says : AGP velocities suported: 1x, 2x, 4x. But most of 256 ram needs 8x AGP so that means i can't buy it?! omg... if so.. is there any way to upgrade my AGP velocity capacity without building or buying a new comp? thanks all and sry for the posts...

If your motherboard says that it is AGP 2.0, it supports AGP 4X, so if you want to go to AGP, the FX5200 will work. On the other hand, the FX5200 also comes in a PCI version; so if you are in a quandry about your AGP support, buy the PCI card. The FX5200 was designed as a low-end graphics card mainly for business computers. It can play games but don't set your expectations too high.

It DOES support 4x AGP but i wanna know if i can buy a radeon 9550 or the FX 5200 having in mind they need 8x AGP, so if i can buy it and i have 4x AGP, cool, but u also said i could buy the FX 5200 but i only have 1x 2x 4x velocities, so i don't know what to do frown