Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DimmuMosher

Norton Internet Security 2005

Hi. I had to re-install this program. I did the un-install thing, but when I try to re-install, it says that uninstall couldn't get rid of the program and I have to try and remove it myself before re-installing. So, I go to program files and dump "Symantec" in the trash bin and restart. That doesn't work. I search symantec on my computer but my computer won't allow me to delete all of the symantec files.

How do I uninstall it completely so I can re-install? Or, How do I get around this so I can install? Thanks

same $#$)#)@& problem here, any luck getting rid of Norton? My LiveUpdate feature stopped working so I tried to uninstall/reinstall just liveupdate. No luck so then I bought the Internet Security 2005 CD and tried to install and was prompted to uninstall Anitvirus 2005 and SpamFilter 2005 neither of which will uninstall from control panel on XP. SOOOO frustrated. 3 days plus wasting time on this. Ughhhh!

There are a couple ways of fixing this. One is my prefered method, but not a very user friendly method. My prefered method is editing the registry, and removing everything symantec and norton. Then doing a find/search for all symantec and norton directories.

The "easier" symantec way :

Removing Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall 2005 from Windows 98/Me after Add/Remove Programs does not work

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsg...v=&osv_lvl=

Removing Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall 2005 from Windows 2000/XP after Add/Remove Programs does not work

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsg...v=&osv_lvl=

Anyway, I posted both ways. Since you never stated what OS you are using.