Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
felix

free music for on-hold system

Here's the thing.

I've been asked to find some good music for our on-hold system at work. Obviously it must be royalty free and copyright free etc etc and not sound like absolute shiat. Aside from MIDI, does anyone have any ideas of places.

Thanks,

F.

The company I work for uses a small walkman tuner that is set for a local jazz station and is connected to our PBX system smile

That's what we'd like to do but in order to re-broadcast commercial radio transmission you need an APRA license and work isn't about to shell out for that for on-hold music.

Don't know how we would go with ABC (national broadcaster) though.

F

You do, hmm, never heard of that license before, is it something only in Australia or what ?!?

Originally posted by jmmijo:

Quote:
You do, hmm, never heard of that license before, is it something only in Australia or what ?!?

Nope that is valid in most countries. Anywhere a radio is playing that the public can hear you are required to get a licence.

S

That does kinda suck, I'll check with my corporate office to verify this license then wink

So does anybody know if this same license is required when you use a service like DMX or Music Choice ?!?

Also I wonder then if somebody is playing their hi-gi too loud is this also breaking the license frown

I imagine that if the police really needed something to ticket someone for and they had their stereo too loud they might think about giving that one a hit.

Actually if your in a place of business that has music the public can hear then you need a licence.. sorry was not to clear about that, so it does not apply to car stereos that are too loud or the neighbour.. for that you have to rely on your cities by-law about noise.

S