Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Folstag

Need Help with Celeron

i recently bought an intel celeron 1.8ghz 400fsb 128cache and a albatron pm266a/pro motherboard also 256 ddr ram and it dosent work at all the board gives powr to all the fans and drives but i get no signal on the monitor ive tried onboard video and using a video card and switching monitors and cables i think my board isn't compatible with my celeron can someone tell me a good motherboard that works well with celeron if you think thats the problem

That board ought to be compatible with the celeron since it is a Socket 478. Check the board to make sure that it is set for 400MH since it is capable of running at 533MH.

how do i set the fsb without getting into the bios because this wont start at all and i cant acess the bios

If you have you internal speaker plugged in you should hear on of 2 sounds that means either there is something wrong with your screencard or your RAM, but is you dont hear anything at all and the PC wont start up at all then you have a problem with either the motherboard or the processor. Take both the mobo and pro to a shop and ask them to test both indivitually.