Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hailtotheking

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! MY PC IS HACKED!!

I was sitting in study not more then 15 minutes ago when I decided to go offline and disable my net connection before some spring cleaning. I noticed it did nothing when I tried to disable the connection, but my internet was unresponsive anyway. I am saying this so that I can preface what comes next. So I restarted Windows XP Home to see if something about the internet changed then.

Now when I start Windows, I get to the login screen and everything is as it should be. I click on my name and my password comes up. I type my password, no problem it recognizes me fine. Then just as it is about to go to the Desktop, it logs out and I can't get in. Nothing my primative brain can think of is working. My thoughts are a hacker is laughing his butt off. HELP!!!!

Can u start ur PC in safe mode with networking???

If u can start your PC log on to the internet and geta spyware scanner from http://www.spysubtract.com/ run that and scan your whole PC.... restart you Pc.

I think it sholud work, if your PC has been hacked in anyway..

Then without your system specs.... i cant say anything

[from a previous post of mine]

Only do this if you have been using Lavasoft Adaware. The new version of adaware doesnt have this problem btw smile

Try this, usually works. The problem is to with some spyware, and when removed (by adaware) causes the behaviour you are describing.

First off, boot your computer from your Windows XP restore cd/OS cd, when the menu comes up hit the R key to get to the recovery prompt.

The prompt should start off at C:\Windows. Type cd system32. The prompt should now read C:\Windows\system32

Type: copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe

Reboot