Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CB..

Resident Evil one...problem

the original PC version of the game

the game freezes during the very first cut scene after Jill encounters the first zombie and runs back into the dining room..the famous barry speech occurs "What IS this?...what IS THIS "..etc then the game freezes and wont continue..

i know i've read about this problem some-where but cannot find the answer..

I had the same problem...there's another topic about that, I don't believe there is another soulution but to bypass that cut scene.

Here's what you need to do:

When you (playing as Jill) enter the room with Barry...go back to the hall...Wesker will talk to you and Jill will go back, then try to go to Wesker again...and Barry will say something...then go to him...but when you get to clock...zombie will get in the room and Barry will kill him...there will be the same movie...but near clock...and you will be able to continue the game...that's all.

most excellent!! thanks!! smile

i had the feeling it was something perculiar along those lines... just couldn't figure it out.. bit of a wierd bug to have in a game like this (you would have thought they might have noticed it during beta testing!!,,,wierd) laugh

thank you again..it's still the best version of the game by far..

I wouldn't call it a bug...I remember playing the game on win 95 and 98 without problems, so...it must be because XP, but I doesn't matter much...

have fun playing the game

laughlaugh

i'm going to insist they write

"what IS this...? what IS THIS?"

on my grave stone.... wink

Well I`m playing on Win 98 right now and the problem occurs. Is there any other way to solve it than bypassing this cutscene??