Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
koop

Mandrake 10 and K3b cd burning SW

Hi all,

I intalled Mandrake 10 on a AMD clone K3b from the Mandrake distribution CDs and it can burn CD fine. However, K3b cannot read any CDs from the burner, it keeps complaining about "Illegal URI". It can regconize blank CDs. I also have a DVD-ROM on this machine, and K3b can read CD from that drive fine.

Not a big deal, but just annoying. Especially, if I want to verify the content of a CD-RW, before erasing it. I would have to put it in the other DVD-ROM and read it first.

Has anybody seen this problem before?

Koop

Hi Koop,

in the settings under K3b look for your devices & try changing the CD reader from your DVD-ROM drive to your CD Burner.

If this does not work, let me know. I just had the same issue on a Slackware install. It was on a 2.4.26 kernel, but most likely you may need to edit the fstab file to point to the dvd drive correctly.

Originally posted by danleff:

Quote:
If this does not work, let me know. I just had the same issue on a Slackware install. It was on a 2.4.26 kernel, but most likely you may need to edit the fstab file to point to the dvd drive correctly.

Sorry, I am a newbie and I accidently mark your response as "solution". But the solution I found is very similar.

I played with the mount options from the Konfigurator->mount points and I unselect "supermount" and "noauto". Now both my DVD-ROM and USB CD-Burner can read CDs fine. The IDE internal DVD-ROM is mounted automatically, and my USB burner only mounts when K3b is accessing it, which is exactly the way I want. Not sure if that the way it suppose to work.

Koop