Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Strikeman

Whats up with Nvidia(W2K Drivers)

Cmon no support for legacy products. What about poor fools like me with Riva 128's, Do they want to buy me a new GeForce? Sure they have drivers for the TNT and GeForce but not the Riva, that just sucks.

Strikeman

Ya,

I think that is what they want, hell why would you have one of the those cards. I have a 128 in one of the servers at work for just regular display. Get with the program, unless you don't really want to play games like they should be.

I've got a STB Velocity 128 and a Voodoo 2 (12mb version). My computer isn't top of the line, so some of the newer video cards wouldn't do any more good since the game would be limited by the processor (PPro 200). I have no problems playing Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Age of Empires, etc., but don't I need DirectX support for the Riva 128 card before these games even begin to work in W2K?

If 3dfx releases the drivers for the V2 today, I'll be able to play games that rely on it, but aren't I correct in saying that D3D drivers for the voodoo2 will not help me play the above listed games? I never did figure out when the 128 or the V2 was working in a game.

If I am correct, I too would like to see drivers for the Riva 128 chipset. If I'm wrong, could someone explain when one card works and the other doesn't?

Thanks!