Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janfebmar

Bypassing windows encryption

my motherboard just got fked , the NB fan stopped working and melted the entire NB chip core.

so i had to buy a new motherboard, but now i can access a file i really need to get to.

its a notepad textfile with a password i really need, but i cant access the file because of the damn windows encryption. now normally i would have a backup file so i could access it, but somehow i my backup drive had a loss of data. i dont know why really.

so is the only way to get access to my textfile to use a already lost recovery agent?

so that means im fucked then..

Best regards

E.S

If you do not have the recovery certificate, then you have a problem... but you could try some thrid-party program to recover your file.

Advanced EFS Data Recovery by Elcomsoft - "Try before buy".

Advanced EFS Reader 2.0 by Passware

- Free demo version of EFS Key allows to preview encrypted files while copying is not available. All other features are in place.

So you could use the EFS Key to preview your text file and then find out the password you are looking from the file.

Good luck! smile

nope. it didnt work, and my online backup server admin, tells me he cant have the server up and running again til' next week.

well, cant do anything about that..

thanks for you trying to help though.