Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jimothy1989

QuickCam Express (logitech) need help bad!!!

I recently bought a QuickCam Express from logitech and I have had problems setting it up, nothing seems to be working, when I try to use my cam, it says that the cam is already being used by another program even though there are no other programs running, does anyone have any suggestion? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

The Logitech QuickCam Express installs a virtual drive, so when ever you have my computer or explorer (file, not IE) open it has the extra drive there and when you click on it you can see the webcam view. Try, see if it works.

What program you you use for chatting that you wanna use the webcam on?

If you get the message camera is being used by another program in the image studio even though you know it is not being used how do you take pictures in the image studio with this Quick cam. Much needed help. Thanks in advance for your response

This cam has a button on the top, this is a snapshot button, try that, but close all programs first.

If you are in image studio and you try to take a snapshot and you get that error about it being in use you might want to try closing my computer and/or explorer, like I said, it creates a virtual drive. If that doesn't work use CTRL+Alt+Del and close any programs that refers to the quickcam and try again.

I tried that and still gives me the message in use by another application. I cannot close my computer. If I close my explorer my computer will shut down.

Sorry, I meant File Explorer, its the same as My Computer.

while your PC is running, unplug the webcam and plug it into another USB slot, it should re-detect it and install it, then see if it works.

I am have the same problem!!!! PLEEEEEAAASE some help. I have tried reinstalling all drivers, and doing every solution I am aware of, but still no results!

I cannot use the camera in it's own software OR or on msn messenger, because it says it is already in use. I notice when I plug it in I get two beeping sounds though, as opposed to the usual one. Please help! The camera has worked perfectly fine before a few days ago (New Year's). What's going on?

evanmilward@hotmail.com

Cheers

The problem sometimes are the USB ports themselves. Turn the computer completely off. Then, unplug the powercord from the computer to the wall plug. Leave it unplugged from a half hour to an hour. Then, power up the computer. I know it sounds like voodoo, but it has worked for some.

I just recently reformatted my computer...it has Win98SE on it...I have Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000...I installed it and i keep gettin this message that says its being used by another application...I have reinstalled, uninstalled, (MANY TIMES), used the cd that came with it for drivers, when it didnt work I went to the site and dloaded them from there...and still I get that message, whether Im online or not...It keeps saying that its being used by another program...PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT!!! IVE BEEN WORKING ON IT NOW FOR 2 WEEKS!!! I even went and bought another CAM cuz I thought this one was broke or something...and it gave me the same error!!!..U can email me at nefariousangel45@charter.net...ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Same problem here. It worked for a while (maybe a month or so) and then maybe in July went crappy.

I was even able to run 2 cameras for a while (another manufacturers camera), but now nothing.

Also having issue with scanner communicating back to my computer (scan button on HP). Could this be a USB issue?