Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
willy_ham

MS action pack licenses

I have been using the action pack software for some time now, and often find it amazing when i keep getting sent new software.

The thing i am confused about is everytime i get sent new software i get new licenses. does this mean the old software, for example office xp's license will no longer work?

I suppose what i am trying to get at is that each time they give me new license for new software, does that mean the old ones will no longer work. Ie do i end up with 10 licenses for the new software and 10 for the old, hence 20 licenses.

The same applies for the server software, i have one license for server 2003, and one for server 2000, can i use both?

I havent worded this very well, but hopefully it will be understood.

Yours, slightly confused,

In the license agreement it states you are supposed to remove the old software and replace it with the new. The old licenses become null and void. You can go to the Microsoft site and review the Action Pack licensing agreement online.

The number of licenses have changed on some of the products such as Office whereas new Action Packs usually only ship with 5 valid licenses but if your original stated you have 10 then you are grandfathered in at 10 as long as you retained your original letter showing the actual number you had on your first Action Pack.

I questioned this when the license values changed. Good idea to contact them yourself though and have it documented or have them send you an email or something for documentation - just in case.

They are really cracking down now.