Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tomcat82453

Untitled thread

Hi,

I have been sharing my printer on my wireless network by enabling Netbios over TCPIP. I was told that enabling netbios over tcpip is not a secure idea. An IT friend said that I can share my printer through my IP? He was in a hurry that he didn't explain it in details. Does anyone in this forum know how? I know that the safest solution is a print server but if there is another way...

Thanks for your help. By the way, all computers are Windows XP's.

Tom

Sorry for the delayed response. I have the printer connected via USB and when I ran the rundll, it couldn't find the printer. Maybe I have to connect it to the parallel port? Thanks for your reply Alex.

Tom

Quote:

P.S.=> Rundll32.exe's pretty good - It lets you call functions hidden inside .DLL (dynamic link libraries) files. Basically, it's probably a C/C++ program w/ an int argc function in it (allows intake of commandline parameters) to feed to a LoadLibrary API calling function to let you use them - which is pretty much what a C/C++ programmer does for the int argc function in his code if it takes commandline parameters & loads DLL files lib calls to use as well which any language can utilize pretty much... BUT, the rundll32.exe program makes this the province of end-users as well in rundll32.exe program... apk

could you say that in english please? ;-)