Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DoctorO

Voodoo 3 3500 in Win2k

Way to go 3DFX.. less than 100 hours now before the official public release of Windows 2000, and you still have no drivers available for the TV Tuner portion of the card. What are you guys smoking? If you have any extra.. send it to me! If someone knows of some "home made" drivers that work for this.. feel free to leave a link.

Doc

Just becuase YOU don't know about them doesn't mean they aren't written and being tested. What are you smoking? I'm sure when they are ready Brian will just give you a call and let you know they are ready for your approval, ok?

In my experience with vide cards, most companies would make their fullest support for their main stream product first, ie, the V3-2000/3000 and when they have the effort spare they would move onto the V3500-TV. If you pay a visit to 3dfx website then you would notice that the existing driver supports even for W9X and NT are all having V3-2k/3k one version newer than those for V3500 counterpart.

It is really hard to blame on 3dfx since for a video display card having TV tuning and caturing supprt is worthing double the effort to support than a plain 2D/3D only product. I have once had one of those integrated TV/capture display card and when I was entering the W95 swtiching from W31, I also have such kind of horror for not having anything besided the plain vanilla driver solely for the core display chipset instead for the auxiliay supports. After all, you would see any TV tuner/capture card on the market right now having W2K full release driver, arent you? smile

Look... Windows 2000 is hands down the best work yet by Microsoft.. The people at these hardware manufacturers should have placed themselves far enough ahead of the curve to be prepared for it. I am an avid 3DFX supporter.. have been since the original Voodoo card. It just bothers me that there is no mention of drivers for it at all. If there are beta drivers.. let me know.. I ran betas of Win2k, and plan on having my hands on a copy the day it hits the shelves! I would just like to get the $$ out of this card. If I wanted to only use the normal video side of it, I would have bought a 3000. After running through the betas of win2k which were fantastic, having to go back to Win98 is torture. frown

BTW: The Hauppage wintv Theater DBX has beta drivers for Win2k that work..

You think you have it bad I have a ATI Rage Fury Maxx and its absolutly not supported under W2k besides 2D. I check ATI's website and they're telling me that they will not be putting out complete W2K drivers until july. I have to wait till ****ing july and thats if they are really on time and (we all know how video card companies keep their words). So I have to still use ****ed up buggy as **** winblows 98 SE for any gaming. consider yourself lucky man. smile

------------------

<br>

if i remeber correctly at some point there were official 3dfx betta drivers that had tv suport and 3d tools dont even have a 3dfx card and i know that. all though the link was pulled i bet if you look hard enough and ask nice enough you can find them try chamelion

chamelions? Does anyone have a URL for that? I was a good boy and did a search on this UBB for that word, and it only showed up in this thread.

Doc

check this out:

chamelEon: any member of the reptile family Chamaeleontidae, a group of Old World, primarily tree-dwelling lizards characterized chiefly by their ability to change body colour; by zygodactylous toes (i.e., fused into opposed bundles of two and three); acrodont dentition (i.e., teeth attached to the jaw edge); and a long, slender, extensile tongue. The name is also applied to the false chameleon, or anole, a New World lizard of the family Iguanidae inhabiting in http://win2kbox.cjb.net/ wink

The stuff at that site is to support the cards that have TV out.. this card has a TV tuner.. As far as I can tell, there is no mention of tuner support.

and it hurts to try it? It works great for me on my tv out but i don't gots me a 3500 =)

If it were that simple I wouldn't have axed.. I have done some research on it, and the TV Tuner on this board appears to be the same exact tuner that STB used to sell as the "Desktop TV" product. Not surprising, since STB was bought out by 3DFX.

http://www.stb.com/products/multimedia/tvpci/tvpci.html

It's a Phillips tuner. The video capture part of your board has nothing to do with a TV tuner..

Doc

if thats ur card then ur screwed, I got one of those stb tv tuneers in my junk pile, its based on the bt848 chipset and it looks like they aint gonan do nothing for it, not anytime soon at least. But who knows miracles do happen, righto?

You presume much, who said the 3dfx tools in the beta don't have driver support for it? The point is, installing those drivers will simply give you better 3dfx drivers for your card as is and may or may not give you any of the extra features.

WOW now that is just the best post i've seen all day. Try actually having a point or a question or ,heaven forbid, and answer.

ROFL, i was just saying it sucked, i'm tired and there's no more coffee here.

P.S. TV out on Voodoo3's really does suck..