Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pitch1115

Mapped Network Drive Brings up Open With Dialog

Hi,

I am running Windows XP Pro and Windows 2003 server. One computer (out of about a dozen) on the network has this problem. When you double-click on the network drive to open it, it brings up the open with dialog box. You can right-click and choose either open or explore and it works normally, also the same drive mapped on other computers works normally. There was a autorun.inf in the file, but it has been removed and the problem persists, any suggestions?

So, did anyone have any suggestions? I'm having the same problem with one out of several dozen XP clients mapping to a 2003 server. I have stopped the share and recreated it and even reset all the permissions on the folder to no avail.

A friend found a solution for my issue, maybe it will work for you. In the registry editor I did a search for a key called MountPoints2. Under that key are listed mapped resources, and a subkey to the one in question there was a _Autoplay and a Shell key. After deleting both keys and saving the registry, it worked as normal.