Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
e_swensen

How do you connect to the internet?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

I'm one of those that has tasted broadband since almost the beginning, back when US West(Qwest) had begun their xDSL testing in the PDX area smile

Now that Qwest moved over to having MSN as their content/email provider, I then moved over to Comcast who was actually ATTBI when I started with them.

I guess since I've getten hooked on broadband I'll attempt to not have to ever go back to narrowband ever again, knocks on woodrow laugh

I am just a poor and lowly college student and can only afford the dialup service that my university provides for about $8/month. However, I'm moving soon, and when I move I'm going to get Yahoo DSL through when I sign up for my new phone service through SBC. Does anyone go through Yahoo DSL and can they vouch for that service?

/me Dialup user. wink

When the xDSL here goes under 25 euros per month, I will then upgrade to it.

I'm. with APK one this one.

I currently use my cell phone for browsing the internet. 19,200 baud! YEAH! It's actually pretty good, once you disable the banners and graphics.

The lowest I can get broadband in my area for is $25 for 256k Up/down (Why not 128k or 56k cable?). Which I am currently considering, unfortunately that still seems like too much money for something that I am not going to use 100% of. With my 19,200 I know that I'm using all of it and since it doesn't cost me any more money off of my $50 cell phone bill then I'm happy.

But if I get cable, which is always on, even at 256k up/down it seems to me like I'm wasting all that money.

Another reason to stay away from all that bandwidth is that I'd probably get carried away and start downloading things that I shouldn't be downloading anyway.