Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JodithPWorld

Network Icons Do Not Work

Hi Folks:

A little background behind this....

I'm running Windows 2000 Professional, with Mozilla Firefox/Thunderbird v1.0. There is absolutely no trace of IE on my system. I used IE Eradicator to rid of it. So I realize fully that I have an unsupported configuration. 8)

Ever since, whenever I disable/enable a network adapter, it still shows the same status (it does not refresh the icons to reflect whether the card is indeed enabled or disabled....though it does do it's function, as I can verify in device manager.)

Alternately, if I change the properties to display the systray icon whenever the network card is connected, it will not run it. (By that, I mean you won't see the two blinky-blink computers near the bottom-right hand corner of the screen.) frown

So what important file would I have de-registered or deleted with IE Eradicator, to make my LAN adapter tools not work? Otherwise my system runs great....and faster too! laugh

Cheers,

Jody

Don't quadruple post.

Don't quadruple post.

Don't quadruple post.

Don't quadruple post.

Thank you.

My apologies and I will abide by the rules, however I do know some readers only post on certain forums, so I wanted a wide range of responses, since this is time sensitive.

May I then re-post on WinNT/2K Networking please. And you could delete this if you want. Let me know at your convenience.

Cheers,

Jody