Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DMBTrade

Blue Screen of Death - Help Please....

Hey,

Recently my computer has been freezing on me periodically and when it freezes the windows will freeze first, then the mouse will freeze and then the Blue Screen of Death will appear with an error message. So far I received 2 errors and here they are:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

One:

KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

STOP:

0X0000007A (0XC03DD21C, 0XC000000E, 0XF7487384, 0X26E5E860)

Two:

KERNAL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

STOP:

0X00000077 (0XC000000E, 0XC000000E, 0X00000000, 0X00299000)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone please help me figure out what is wrong with my system and why this is happening?

Thank you very much,

- Justin

Quote:

Stop 0x7A can be caused by bad sectors in the virtual memory paging file, disk controller error, virus infection, or memory hardware problems.

See these:

Stop 0x00000077 or KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docum...md_stp_fvlq.asp

Stop 0x0000007A or KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docum...md_stp_ogli.asp

Check your harddrives with "chkdsk /p /r", run this from Windows XP CD, recovery mode.
Also run memtest86 or similiar memory tester.

This could be a couple of things,

Bad PAGEFILE

bad block on hard drive

bad IDE cable

bad RAM

Virus (sometimes, but possible)

My money goes on the PAGEFILE, but first lets try to eliminate some of the others first.

Update your virus checker and run a check on your hard drive.

If that doesn't find anything try to run a thourough scandisk and derfrag after that (try to get the software called DISKEEPER, there are other ones but I like this one :)imo)

OK, if that dont work you can try to set your PAGEFILE manually or move it to another partition (if it comes to this and you dont know how to do it let me know).

If none of this worked try to get other RAM and IDE cable, then you test it with that.

Wicked

You could also try forcing your pagefile to purge at shutdown in order to refresh it. You can do it in the group policy editor.

However I would also do what wicked101 says and move it to another drive, reboot and move it back in order to completely rebuild it and move it to another spot on the drive.

Well, if you have more that one Hard Drive or partition, eg. a C: drive and a D: drive (excluding your CD/DVD-ROM Writer) then you can do the following:

1. Right click "My Computer" that should be located on your desktop then click "Properties".

2. Click on the "Advanced" TAB.

3. Under Performance is a button "Settings", click it.

4. Click the "Advanced" TAB.

5. At the bottom of this window you will see "Virtual Memory", click the "Change" button

6. If you have more than one hard drive or partition you will see all of them in here. If you only have one hard drive/partition skip to step "9"

7. By default the paging file should be on C:, click on one of the other drives and click the "Set" button.

8. Click ok and so on then your PC will restart.

Then you can redo all these steps to put the paging file back on drive C: if you want.

9. Only do this if you dont have more than one hard drive or partition.

10. Select "Custom Size" if not already selected.

11. Take your amout of RAM (lets say its 512MB) and times it by 2.5 (so, it would be 1280).

12. Enter "1280" in both the white blocks, "Initial size" and "Maximum Size"

13. Click OK and so on and then your PC will restart. You can change you settings back to what it was after the restart by re-doing these steps if you want to, but it is not necessary.

I used to have a problem that was almost the same, it turned out the problem was a driver that wasn't compatable with windows xp. if you installed some new hardware you might want to check the driver.