Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Request:: Click XX forum topics link displays hundreds of topics.....

Anyone else annoyed by this?

I'm talking about the:

Quote:
There are X news stories and XX forum topics since your last visit. You have X new private message(s). Click here to logout.

Whenever I click on XX forum topics it goes through ALL topics for like the last year or so.

Anyone object to it being like I dunno the last 100 or so topics and then number the rest?

Whenever I click the "...new forum topics" i only get the last few since the last time. If I don't log in over the weekend there's only about 30 but most days I get about 10.

Maybe your cookies need a purge?

Yeah, same here, if it says 10 new topics I only get the last 10 topics, but when I tried Opera I had lots of problems on this site, half the new topics dont show and it mixes everything up.

Just tried it with IE6 and I get the same behavior. IE on this computer has no history of this site since I never use IE.

It will display 10-30 new forum topics before you click on it but once you click on it, it will display hundreds of topics.....

Originally posted by dosfreak:

Quote:
Happens with Mozilla too..

PM Sent.

Interesting, same here but only on your account. I will investigate this later on my dev server.

Heh. I agree. The feature did use to work for me. Can't say exactly when though.

Odd, just visited linuxcompatible. It said 13 topics and 13 topics is exactly what it gave me....but I believe a couple of days ago it displayed a dozen or so topics but when you clicked on it, it displayed more.

Right after visiting linuxcompatible, I visited ntcompatible and still had the problem.

I still don't know what this cause. However, it look like that the next update will also fix this problem because I can no longer reproduce this on my dev server.