Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sefi99

unhiding processes in windows xp

hi,

I know there is a way to hide processes so they will not show up in the processe list(on processe manager), supposlly there is a specifice processe i want to unhide is it possble? if yes how?

ty -sefi

Hi,

I'm not sure how you can force a process hiding on your machine, to show itself but there are apps out there that will list ALL processes on your machine. If you had an install of cygwin you could use ps to list all processes.

Failing that there is a small app here http://illmob.org/files/illmob/prockilla.zip which shows everything and optionally allows you to kill the process. Could destabilise your system if you don't know what you're doing.

This prog from sysinternals might also do what you want but I haven't checked http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

hth

Lee

Yeah, I'm curious too, please tell.

sefi99, there is software called "Hijack This", it will list all the processes running on your PC, check there to make sure that the process you want to "un hide" is really running.

yes it is running 100% b/c it's a game that is running and the

file is called gunbound.gme when it;s loading u can see it for few seconds and u can se it on the window but not in the proses list...

i tried all of those program above and non of them can see it

i cuoldn't understant what the "child processe" is and how to see it but i'm sure 100% it is runing b/c i can see when it's loading and if it wuolnt then the game wouln;t run olso sometime if the game crashes wich happens some times windows give me a msg that that proses had an erro wich proves it's runing i have a program that i get the pid of the precses b/c i can target it for few seconds when it's loading but still it dosnt show up on proses list

ok i tried to look in to into the prosces what i found out is that it's starting up then reloction and exiting the orignal one

(i'm olmost sure it exitng the orignal wich dosnt make sens)now i have a program that sees the processe but i need it to show up in tsk manger, whats wierd is in the program that sees the processe the list is things like :

acrobat iehelper

connection tray

dde server window

defult ime

ms_webchekmonitor

sysfader

mci command handeling window

ect...

is there a possble way to porce it to show?

Hi, i didn't understand how to to run taskmgr.exe as "Granular" and how to force the taskmanager to show gunbound process. Can some one help me please?

i understand this is an old tread but i know a bit more then the original poster and i to play this game.

this is wat happens.

when u load gunbound nprotect the anti hacking software taht is with gunbound loads as well gunbound just loads up gunbound.gme nprotect then hides gunbound.gme you can see it in the task manager list for a breif 2 seconds while nprotect is loading but once nprotect loads it hides gunbound.gme now wat i dont know is how to use /tasklist.exe to find it or to unhide it all i know is the files involved from wat ive read from other forums are

kernel32

EnxNPGM

MtxNPGG and i have yet to find these files using ur methods

smxNpGG

edit the purpose is to unhide the file not just so we can view it but to actualy unhide it.

[Edited by xxinsainxx on 2005-03-21 18:23:28]

You can not hide processes, but you can disquise it... e.g. in Windows 2000,XP the most common process is svchost.exe.

Quote:

now wat i dont know is how to use /tasklist.exe to find it

Click Start->Run: cmd

Then execute:

tasklist /m | more

This will pause the list on every page. "|" is pipe.

Or if you want use notepad to view the list:

tasklist /m > modules.txt

notepad modules.txt

Quote:

to unhide it all

You can not use this tool to hide it.

http://www.validtec.com/order.htm

This is an API that you can supposedly hide your processes. But, of course, you must have some...a lot...of programming knowledge.

Encrypt network communication sample, it can encrypt the communication of the application that use windows socket; Hide processes, it can hide processes from windows taskmanager; Filter internet advertising, it can filter AD bar of IE or other network application; Message filter, it can filter messages of windows; File manager, it can forbidden some files open, execute, and hidden some folders or files from windows explorer and command line.