Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pipipi

NO monitor signal

Hi,

I am changing my motherboard from a pentium II to an AMD Athlon 650Mhz. I did the switch of the MOBOs and all seem ok. All was connected perfectly and I reset the CMOS. I then turn on the computer but was no monitor signal.

The monitor is working perfect in another computer and the video card AGP and another PCI are working as well.

The MOBO was working in my uncles computer two days ago when he upgraded his own computer.

Ido not understand why this happens. I have changed the power supply from 230W to 350W and still have no luck.

I unplugged everything unless the CPU and power it on and and got no Beeps from MOBO.

I dont know what is causing the trouble, if there is a compflict. The mother board is KinetiZ 7A, the video card is diamond vipe 550 16Mb, the PCI is S3 trio 64 V2/DX.

Please help.

Many thanks

Polo

Metasearching the world: http://www.globito.com[url

try isolating the problem ie. another video card to see if it changes anything.

If this doesn't work open case door thats behind motherboard and check to see if you have any of those square pins (used to attach mobo to case) which are not connected via screw to mobo but just sitting there useless and might ber causing a short. if so remove and try again.