Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
frozensnowchick

i need help now with my motherboard

ok so i just bought the sims 2 i installed it and some stuipid pop up thing says "failed to find any directx 9.0c compatable graphics adapters in this system! please make sure you have a directx 9.0c compatable graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer.the application will now terminate."ok so now you no that. i went, downloaded direct x 9.0c and i went to find out what type of graphics adapter i have and it doesnot say what kind it is in the computer so i looked in the mother board users guide,and looked up what kind i have , it said i have a embedded 256-bit 3d agp graphics accelorator with 64mb frame buffer .supports agp4x g66 mhz true color ramdac i have no clue how i can update it so i went to the elite group website and looked for updates . by the way i have a elite group k7som+ mother board that supports amd athlon/athlonxp/ durom processors . i found no updates there .so can any people help me ?

So, do you want a fix for Sims 2, or a peice of hardware to put on your motherboard?

If you want help with the Sims 2, please post in THIS thread.

(for senior members only 8) )

Sims 2 threads are disguising themselves now--they are becoming smarter!!!

They are coming....

Originally posted by Alec§taar:

Quote:

LOL!

Well, I have a theory myself based on the Slashdot news that the game has virus' internal to itself that Wicked101 mentioned:

It's the game itself doing this on messageboard forums now, a variant of said aforementioned virus in the game itself!

smile

* Hey, you never know...

APK

So now you're going to start seeing spam coming from Sims 2 users when they are online and I suppose they have a built-in SMTP Relay Server too, open of course wink

Quote:

Nope, it's using Telnet to do it, to already open mailservers... ala:

HELO bellcore.com

MAIL FROM:SIMS2Mail@bellcore.com

RCPT TO:KingBilly@microsoft.com

DATA

Please FIX IE...!!!

QUIT

smile

APK

I bet this is a SLIP connection too laugh

HELO spamhaus.org

MAIL FROM:SIMs2-ZIG@allyourbase.net

RCPT TO:somebodysetupusthebomb@hahahaha.org

DATA

Abort, Retry, Fail, Cancel, Quit ?!?

Belong To Us!

What you say ?!?

QUIT

wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Waffler:
Quote:
(for senior members only 8) )Sims 2 threads are disguising themselves now--they are becoming smarter!!!

They are coming....

LOL!

Well, I have a theory myself based on the Slashdot news that the game has virus' internal to itself that Wicked101 mentioned:

It's the game itself doing this on messageboard forums now, a variant of said aforementioned virus in the game itself!

smile

* Hey, you never know...

APK

I am sure that is it. evertime my sim uses the computer in game I some here after and there is a bunch of new sims2 problem threads....

smile

I will have to spank my sim when I get home... maybe even play the game a bit smile

S