Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nickw33

Will clearing the CMOS help with IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors?

I kept getting numerous resets for no apparent reasons, and sometimes with the IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, Beginning Physical Memory Dump nonsense

I formatted my HDD last nite and it was working without a hitch for a few hours. However, I switched it on this morning, and after a few minutes it showed me the same @#*$% BSOD again!

Now, even after I did exactly what I did last nite (unplugged all PCI cards and my secondary HDD before formatting my primary HDD), it still gives me the BSOD!

My question is... should I consider clearing the CMOS, as it is about the only thing I have not done (other than unplugging the graphic card) :P

Originally posted by nickw33:

Quote:
My question is... should I consider clearing the CMOS, as it is about the only thing I have not done (other than unplugging the graphic card) :P

Nope, almost 99% of these issues are related to the ram. Even if you have a matched pair of dual-channel memory modules, one or both of them could be incompatible with this motherboard, bad/flaky modules, or actually the timing could just be off. This last issue normally just requires that the latest firmware update be applied to the motherboard. However there is no way to know if this works or not until you try it.

If you already have the latest BIOS update for you make/model motherboard, then I would suggest tryin out a different stick(s) of memory, until you find the one that is causing the problem.

This is most likely either a bad RAM module or overclocked settings. I had the same problem, I solved it by setting all BIOS settings to default. There are some free RAM testing software applications available online to detect a defective RAM module.

Hi,

Most people think a BSOD is most likely caused by defective RAM. This could be true but there are a few BSOD's that target either HDD, Corrupt installation, and other defective hardware. I agree to the solution that it could just be bios settings. IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or the 0x0A error occurs because of an IRQ Setting conflict that happens because/in the OS. this could be because of an incompatible/incorrect driver, defective cards, incompatible hardware or just a corrupt installations. (there are a few viruses that could cause your computer to display this BSOD but this would seldom happen because the virus could not propagate effectively because of this check www.virusdef.org/def/?id=30991). I suggest clearing BIOS Settings and if this doesnt work. Remove all of the cards peripherals and keep the number of components as low as possible(but would be able to boot up). for example, disconnect everthing just leave: monitor,keyboard,hdd,memory,prc,and Video card. See what happens. if it doesnt occur, add the other components one by one and see which causes the error. I wish this helps.

Originally posted by mel.cosinas:

Quote:
Hi,

Most people think a BSOD is most likely caused by defective RAM. This could be true but there are a few BSOD's that target either HDD, Corrupt installation, and other defective hardware. I agree to the solution that it could just be bios settings. IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or the 0x0A error occurs because of an IRQ Setting conflict that happens because/in the OS. this could be because of an incompatible/incorrect driver, defective cards, incompatible hardware or just a corrupt installations. (there are a few viruses that could cause your computer to display this BSOD but this would seldom happen because the virus could not propagate effectively because of this check www.virusdef.org/def/?id=30991). I suggest clearing BIOS Settings and if this doesnt work. Remove all of the cards peripherals and keep the number of components as low as possible(but would be able to boot up). for example, disconnect everthing just leave: monitor,keyboard,hdd,memory,prc,and Video card. See what happens. if it doesnt occur, add the other components one by one and see which causes the error. I wish this helps.

I agree, not all BSOD's are caused by RAM, but if you re-read what was said, and something else I agree with, 9 out of 10 are RAM related.

I went through this with bad RAM in my old system, and went through it with RAM OC'ed too far in my current/new system.

A crapola PSU can cause the same BSOD, because it isn't feeding the RAM/mobo the juice it needs.

Two easy things to do, clear the CMOS, and pull a stick of RAM. Try both.

Anyhow, as of right now, it's all a guessing game, as Jasbo suggested, we need full system specs to troubleshoot a system, otherwise we're just grasping at straw.

If someone tells me they're running 3 optical drives, 2 HDD's, 6 fans, and a 7900GT CO, all on a PCI-E mobo, with a dual core CPU, powered by a 350W PSU, ummm, I'd say the PSU is the prob.

So until we get some system specs, this thread is pretty useless.

WE NEED SYSTEM SPECS!