Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndyFair

Gents, what other forums do you find outstanding on-the-wire out here?

I haven't yet found another forum out there that provides the level of support we do here, with the level of expertise, and the general lack of flaming and trolls (apart from the Halo vs Half Life thread a couple of weeks ago)

I think we should all be proud of what we've done here! And none of it would be possible without Phillipe!

Rgds

AndyF

http://www.neowin.net/

good mods and some very helpful members

a broad spectrum of subjects to choose from like how do i clear my cmos to what do you think of this pimple medication, some amusing posts.

Originally posted by badnewz:

Quote:
http://www.neowin.net/

good mods and some very helpful members

a broad spectrum of subjects to choose from like how do i clear my cmos to what do you think of this pimple medication, some amusing posts.

I think I have that site bookmarked, however thanks for reminding me about it smile

As for the broad spectrum of threads, how about this one:

How to boo Ashley Simpson off the center field stage live on national television laughlaughlaugh

I say bring back the flesh exposing cabaret's that Janet and Justin put on, yeah babbbbbbby!!!! wink

NT\Linux Compatible (Logged into forums for first time in 2000)

Slashdot

Arstechnica (hehe. I know you love this one APK) (Logged into forums for first time in 2000)

Http://vogons.zetafleet.com (Since 2002)

Never got into the MajorGeeks site that opened after 3Dfiles/tweakfiles went down. The forum doesn't really turn me on.

Used to traffic the techpc.co.uk forums since I knew some of the guys that used to be at 3dfiles, but I haven't upgraded my PC in awhile which is what that site is mostly about.

I hang out at the Sharky Extreme forums, lots of people and easy to get help on a specific topic because of how the forums are layed out, there is even a highly technical PC forum here too. www.sharkyforums.com

AnandTech is a pretty good source of computer/IT material, and the forums have really intelligent people.

HardOCP, and FiringSquad are good too. Even though these sites focus on other aspects like gaming and benchmarks, they are still a good starting point for advice.

My list of bookmarks for computer technology sites is pretty big, there are more but those are the more popular ones out there too.

I also hang out at NVNews.net and Rage3D.com when I have other questions to ask about, like graphics. They also are a good source for asking about computer upgrades, because alot of computer upgrades focus on getting better graphics, and since these sites are all graphic card maniacs, its a good combination.

Originally posted by Alec§taar:

Example : From their forums fairly recently about ME (when I haven't been to their forums since oh, 2001 iirc):

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/ubb....7845631&p=2

man... I'm kind of embarrased to say I actually read most (not all, couldn't bring myself to it) of that. Flashback to Junior High School that was.

oh yea, to keep on topic wink I visit a couple others not mentioned so far...

Activewin.com good for news, lots of linux versus microsoft flamefests in the foums though.

msfn.org more news stuff, not much activity in the forums

good ol' ntcompatible.com is by far the best though if I want some good, usable help from others.

I don't come by here as much as I used to like a few years ago, but I regularly hit up: [H]ardOCP, 2CPU, PC Perspective, and Zone365 (then again, you would hit up a website you're on staff with ;)).