Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jmmijo

I'd like your opinions in another forum's article...

Well I have seen first hand how a good memory optimizer can help and I have also seen where it didn't or actually degraded performance somewhat. This being said leads me to believe that there are *always* going to be scenario's where these kinds of apps will work wonders and others that it will not.

Remember there is no panecia here, how can a memory optimizer be *all* things to *all* users, it can't nor can any other app for that matter.

I do however think that Microsoft has attempted to *not* optimize there Windows OS's so they can attempt to be a more general use OS for as many users as possible. Just think if you could compile an optimized version of XP or 2K for just your machine configuration, I think it would improve the performance of that machine bigtime smile

Originally posted by Alec§taar:

Quote:

^

^

^

"up, uP, UP!" (and, away... )

"In my beutiful baloon." laugh

APK,

I don't think I want to join that forum and start posting in your defense for one reason, I may end up getting too personal and I don't need to start no flame war, even though I wouldn't mention NTcompatible, it's just that there seems to be enough homerism going on over there and I just want to ignore this kind of close mindedness wink

Well, I find that this comes up in all sorts of forums; in that I'm a bigtime gamer, my favs are Diablo 2 and Dungeon Siege. You see tons of forums posts about the pros/cons of modding and such and that it's either the best thing since sliced bread or the devil incarnate. Man, I sometimes think people need to just lighten up and get a life, yes, it's nice to post contrary views and opinions, that's probably the main thing the net is all about, but to incite character assasination because of a contrary view is rediculous.

But I guess that's also why the net is called the Wild, Wild West sometimes wink

I will reconsider my stance of not posting over there but I think I'll lurk for awhile longer laugh