Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
melissasue

NT 4.0 Domain - PDC

Hi,

I am hoping that someone would be able to help me. My query will most probably not make much sense as I am not that knowledgable with networking and with NT Servers.

I work for a transcription company where we transcribe live audio from the courts. A couple of weeks ago our NT Server fell over, it was over five years old. A new motherboard, cpu and power supply was installed, data was copied off the hard drive, NT reinstalled and then the data copied back on to the hard drive.

Once the server has had its extreme make over I hook it back up to the network and can be found on the network. Now this domain has 7 machines that log on to the server, each machine is Windows NT. Each machine logs in as monitor onto the domain, but the following error message comes up:

"A domain controller for your domain could not be contacted. You have been logged on using cached account info. Changes to your pofile since you last logged on may not be available".

My question is, what does this mean? I have gone through help and can find nothing about this, or I could be looking in the wrong areas and how do I fix this little problem?

If anyone could help me, I would be so grateful.

Thanks and regards

Melissa Sue