Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bushrat

Monitor from Laptop screen

Will it be possible to make a monitor from old laptor screen? What I have on mind is a monitor that I can place in my car and hook up DVD player or even PS2.

Hmmmm, I've never tried that myself, it sounds pretty interesting, but, I've seen where a guy uses a flatscreen to make a projector to using one of these old school projectors to watch movies on the wall, it was pretty cool.

Back on the subject, I'm sure someone has done that before and you should be able to find some diagram on the internet to do so, I will look for you as well, I would love to know how to do this. If you cant find anything you can try http://www.tomshardware.com/ and ask them to test something like that, its there where I saw the projector thing.

Please let us know if you find something.

It's very difficult to wire up a laptop screen to anything other than the laptop that it was originally connected to.

This is because laptop screens use dedicated controller boards that are usually digital, and usually proprietary as well.

To wire other devices to the screen, you'd have to work out the digital connections, and convert a standard VGA or RGB signal to this digital format, whatever it may be.

Rgds

Andy

Originally posted by bushrat:

Quote:
Will it be possible to do the projector mentioned in the posts above ?

No, because you'd still need a method of connecting the monitor to the graphics card - that's the difficult (if not impossible) bit.

So what can I do with that screen? I don't want to throw it away, I want to re-use it somehow if possible..