Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tylau

What a pity, buggy W2K...

Alright kiddies. I will read you what is on my RETAIL box.

Windows 2000 Professional:

-Highest reliability to keep your business running.

-Enhanced security to protect your business data.

-best support for mobile business computing.

-best platform for next generation business technology.

Windows 98 SE:

-Best platform for multimedia: music, pictures, video.

-Best support for PC *GAMING*

-Easy home networking and internet setup.

-Broadest support for comsumer hardware and software.

This was taken directly from the Retail box. It is clear that Microsoft is NOT pitching this to the general consumer. The only reason it might be is that places like compUSA, officemax and others are just going to try to sell a new product and the average user will not look at the back and just see Windows 2000 and think "oh this must be the next 9.x".

But I think they'll havea few surprise, with "Administrator level access" and other funny NetworkOS specification. They'll go right to the shop to iveit back after turning Microsoft Win2khotline's guys crazy.

Awx

PS : missa french, missa speak bad Enlish.

Look I would consider myself very knowledgable in the computer arena. I still will give no guff to anyone who wanted to try and teach me something new, I know I have lots and lots more to learn. However, I have thrown everything I could (i.e beta drivers, hacked drivers, MB change out, Misc. Hardware Change out, numerous know bad progs, and numerous questionable progs.) at win2k final, and it just smiled at me and kept on running....with one exception that was a known issue....Nero and the driver that it loads that is imcompatible causing a blue screen on boot. I solved that with a console repair and disable of the of the driver and not only was win2k up and running again pronto, but it was also using nero to burn with ASPI from adaptec. The only thing Win2k ever did was generate an error log and hum slong. So if you think that it is unstable then perhaps you don't know what you are doing, and need to leave well enough alone and stick with Win 98 or 98 SE which crash often, but you need to know exactly dick to run.