Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
felixbecker2

ASRock K7VT4A+; via-rhine; snd-via82xx: Very ugly...

I have just gotten a new System for christmas: ASRock K7VT4A+ Motherboard (with Sempron 2600+; because of the fixed multilier and the slow RAM (266MHz) only clocked at 1,465GHz rather than 1,83 GHz), and this motherboard seems to be the cheapest one and is not working well...

-The LAN-controller (driver is via-rhine) doesn't function after a suspend-to-disk (Kernel 2.6.10), even if I unload the modules before and reload it after.

-I can't capture line-in and microphone (CD not tested yet) with the soundcard (via-snd82xx)... (and the mixer behaves very strange, too) (under Win98SE it doesn't work at all, even with the driver from the mainboard-CD).

Is there any hope that it can work or must I buy PCI-Cards for this?

Felix. (please appologize my bad english)

What distro and version are you using?

It should work fine, according to the Compatability section. Check your bios settings and make sure that the all the onboard sound functions are enabled.

Also, you may want to look at this article about your board.

I Use Debian sarge; last upgrade was a few Days ago. The Kernel (2.6.10, vanilla) is self-configured and compiled.

In my Bios all onboard-devices are enabled... CD is playable, but _very_ silence, and I haven't managed it to raise the volumes yet.

Do you know where I can find the functions of the different elements in the alsamixer? They behave very strange (e.g. Volume ist not controlled with PCM, but with VIA DXR; but it is mutable with PCM, and you havge to Mute IEC985 Capture Monitor to hear any sound...)

greetings,

Felix.

Hi,

I have the same mainboard with the same problem -- Debian Sid, Kernel 2.6.7 and 2.6.10. I didn't try the suspend things, but the volume cntrol isn't working at all. The PCM is changable to 100% or 0% but nothing between.

I am using OSS.

I read threads about the i810 chip saying that you have to use the channel 'Headphones' to control the Master Volume. I have no headphones channel... smile

Anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?

Greetz

Paul.

P.S.: There is one Application which is able to change the Volume -- muine. Written in c# and gtk# using the mono compiler... but I think that this is because muine does its own volume changing.