Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
koliploik

Crash after logon Windows xp

when I turn on my computer and i insert the password in the screen of logon the computer automatically turn off! why ? someone can help me ? Thanks and sorry for my english!

brain failure! oops do excuse me lol laugh

There was something about this in these forums... im sure i posted a solution. It was something along the lines of editing a registry entry (userinit.exe????). Indeed Alec is right, somekind of spyware causes it. Actually I think it is Ad-aware that 'fixes' something incorrectly.

*side note - adaware is good, i like it, im not saying it bad as such....plus this prob might have been fixed by now....

I found the article!! hehe check here:

http://www.smile-computers.nl/helpdesk/unablelogonadaware.htm

have fun smile

hey alec good to finally catch up laugh

Thx for your kind words too

Yep ur solution should work... thats if the registry was ok before hand. I have a bad habit of installing such important software pretty early on in an install so potentially I could have the problem from day 1! But as usual we like to skin our cats in many ways!

New rootkit? Hey that would have been fun lol ..although saying that there appears to be a lot more programs changing registry values that they really shouldnt be. I started using Spybot's teatimer (finally) and that would have picked up adaware should that particular bug decided to do its thing.

Alec you may also like this:

http://www.prevx.com/

"Prevx technology provides industrial-strength protection against:

* In-Memory/Buffer Overflow Attacks

* File System Attacks

* Registry Attacks

* Uncontrolled Program Execution

* Process Hijacking"

In my usual style... its free smile

im using a hosts file too, its so much simpler than a program that does the same thing.

All the best

wow alec u type lots! hey no bad thing. I hope u feel better- its nice to type stuff out. Maybe we could ask for a therapy forum? Im not taking the mickey ... how about it for those moments when we get that annoyed with our pcs -we can seek the reassurance of others?!

However, u mention an example regarding teatimer. Well, I was on the hunt for a tool that could "see" in my index.dat file. For the info of others, thats the IE file thats hold some telling data about the user. So anyway I found a tool on a good looking site that looked fairly professional. So I install this little proggie and before I know it is trying to change lots of IE related stuff; mainly directing stored urls to www.superwebsearch.com to name but one.

As it goes, I wasnt too concerned since I use Opera or FireFox all of the time. However, teatimer alerted me to the changes as they happened - as I clicked on 'deny' my original settings were kept and never changed. On a side point; as I am a little concerned about what else may have changed elsewhere on this box, I just restored last night's images of my disks just to be safe laugh

This dodgy download of mine isnt a particularly malcious program but it just shows that this tiny teatimer extension to Spybot is useful.

Yes I thought the buffer stuff was an interesting feature of prevx ... what with SP2 and all that hype. Slightly off topic but for what its worth I personally would go with a buffer 'sploit as last on my "i want to be hax0r" list LOL. After all, misconfiguration and social engineering is so much more fun smile

But with SP2 and DEP it usually means the programmer has to either be a bit tidier or just do things in a different way. Not the fault of the programmer of course wink

Right... lets see what other probs ppl are having elsewhere in these forums!

Cyaaaaaaaaaa