Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jabbathewocket

Microsoft Win2k Giveaway (did anyone else win a copy?)

I won a copy in the second round and got my copy from UPS the other day.. CD is looking very nice wonder how much these CD's cost to manufacture!

Jabba

Yeah, I won in the third round. Damn UPS didn't leave it on my doorstep today so I won't get it till Monday.

This was the first time I ever won anything!

Whheeeeeeeeeee smile

I won in the first round and got my copy on Monday or Tuesday of this week, but thanks to US West, I can not install it. They don't have drivers for the Cisco 605 DSL modem (which they (US West) have to support).

I won in the second round and received it today.

Ed

I won too (in the third round) but I live in the UK (DAMMIT!!) so I'll get it some ______. (insert time period here)

------------------

C:\Dos

C:\Dos\Run

\Run\Dos\Run

I think they gave away 6000 copies! I got mine on Friday. The wife also won one hopefully to be delivered Mon. smile

Yes, I won it in the first round.. showed up via UPS 2-day a few days ago. Pretty nice though the CD key didn't work (no I am neither blind nor dyslexic) and I had to hunt around a bit on DejaNews.

excellent, man the cd is lovely to look at though now if all the companies that have been "holding back" drivers open the floodgates on thursday all will be good in my little world!

NVidia, logitech are you listening? you too HP!

jabbathewocket

I won one in the 1st round. Love the CD. 2 buddies of mine won in the 1st and 2nd rounds respectively after I emailed them the link.

I have to say.. I have never won ANYTHING...

I work for MS and do Win2k pro setup tech support and got mine a few weeks ago =) Have to say I love the CD though.

BAH! I dont like the CD, makes me feel like a 2 yr old playing with a top. its like getting buying a 44 automag, and then painting in sun streak yellow. But I guess Iv always liked darker colors and shades.

tried a scan of the cd but unfortuanately it doesnt seem to work right (comes out really dark / washed out purple. will try again in a few days

For us complete lamers, what was the contest about? I never even heard of it. And what does the front of the CD look like? The CDs that MS gave to my office were silvery and kinda funky.

not a contest really, was a enter your name and we are giving away 1000 win2k pro in first round 5 or 6,000 in second round, and more in third round i think was on www.microsoft.com page still running till feb 24th. as to the cd's they look like the ones you describe shiny silver holograms.