Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
latino85

WIERD OPTICAL MOUSE PROBLEM

Hey Everybody,

I dont know if im just not that familiar with common optical mouse problems or whether i discoverd a new one,BUT my little black Microsoft Optical Mouse is starting to act wierd. The funnt thing is the problem i have now is the same problem i had before i removed the ANNOYING mouse pad.

In the begining i held on to the mouse pad because i just was too used to it, ya know, BUT at times i would begin to use the computer and while simply moving around on a page the mouse would suddenly end up at the top of the screen sporaticly like it reset or something?????? Eventually i removed the mouse pad and found out that the pad was the problem. SO everything was cool, until a few MONTHS later it started doing it again?!?!?! without the mousepad!!!!, so my question is: is this common?, is my mouse going bad??, can i fix this, how??

I have already cleaned the desk surface with canned air and blew lightly on the mouse, but no help????

any suggestions????

It happens more often then you might think. Try a fabric mouse pad - no plastic, just anything plain non reflective.