Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
swvines

Mandrake 10.1 Istall problems

Hello,

I am still with the same disc but i think i am getting further. It starts to install but never does. Here is the kernal log:

I/O error on device hdc, logical block 313638.

Is there a way i can get the missing file that it needs. Or am I out of luck. The Ebay was supposed to send me the disc last Monday, but he might mail it tomorrow. I am not going to hold my breath on it. Any replies would be nice.

Thanks,

Stephen

There is no missing file. either the cdrom drive is funky, or the disk is bad. The error is related to the cdrom drive being unable to read the disk properly at a certain point. Most likely a bad burn/disk, especially if it happens on more than one system (if you tried it on two computers and got the same error, or a like one).

I would wait for the disk, or just buy a reliable set from another good source. If this is a good E-bay seller, he/she will refund your cash, or come through with a good disk, or set of disks.

Here is a very good, reliable and inexpensive source for Mandrake Linux 10.1. They check all disks before sending and work flawlessly. You can get the entire 6 disk PowerPack for $9.95...or the smaller set...or about any distro you want....for well under $10.00. I'd recommend them to anyone.

http://www.linuxonline.biz/

-zenarcher