Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
algae

Windows NT USB with Deskjet 3745 Printer

Can anyone help me to figure out how to get Windows NT 4.0 SP6a to recognize a USB printer. I am using USBtray 2.0 from insideOut networks and it finds our USB key drives easily and associates a new drive letter to access them. I am also trying to install a USB printer in the same way. The USBtray sees the printer and knows what it is. My problem comes in from the fact that I cannot seem to find a Windows NT driver for the printer so I cannot get the drivers installed first and I thought I would use the "add a printer wizard" and search for the correct port and printer, but I cannot seem to see any USB ports on the system. I know USBtray is working, but is there some way to get windows NT to recognize the USB printer port so I can search for the printer. Or does anyone know of a Windows NT driver that will recognize the 3745 printer and work basically (I don't need anything fancy). Ideas?

Thanks,

Lauren

USB on NT4 is basically rubbish. Upgrade to Windows 2000 or XP instead and save yourself the hassle or replace the printer with a parallel port version.