Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kmc8511

HELP!!! PRINTER PROBLEMS

I am running WINXP PRO and have a HP OfficeJet G85 printer that is new with no physical problems, BUT when i have tried installing it to the system i end up not being able to use SOME of the functions, and sometimes it doesnt even PRINT, one function that hardly ever works is the scanner. HELP I NEED MY PRINTER, i have tried a system restore point but the cpu would not let me, and i was connecting using USB but problems occurred and therefore went ahead with the IEEE but even that gave me problems, BUT NOW when i try doing a complete UNINSTALL of everything the cpu says:"a problem occurred initializing the device manager and im assuming there are still traces of the HP printer software on the hard drive. DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO COMPLETELY REMOVE COMPONENTS THAT WILL NOT REMOVE USING ADD/REMOVE????????

Also i did find out about a special driver on HP's website refering to this G85 model, but the driver i think was in reference to USB problems, i downloaded it anyway and it did not seem to do much good.

I JUST WANT TO USE ALL THE FEATUERES THAT CAME WITH MY PRINTER without any problems, and by the way i DO have the installation CD that came with the printer.

I am using a Dell 2.8Gig processor, with plenty of space to run a printer, ANY HELP!>!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

EXCUSE ME IM SORRY IT IS "FAIRLY NEW" MEANING NOT A DINOSAUR, AND NO IT IS NOT STILL UNDER WARRANTY, I WISH IT WAS AND I ALSO WISH HP WOULDNT CHARGE AN ARM AND A LEG FOR ONE SIMPLE QUESTION OR BETTER YET, TECHNICAL "SUPPORT", I MEAN I PAID FOR THEIR DARN PRODUCT!!??!?!?!?!

If it helps, you are not alone.

I have the G85 connected to my main PC by USB. It prints fine...but it won't scan at all. Sometimes when I scan from the director window, it loads the image viewer...but then it crashes, and after that it won't load the image viewer at all, and says I am not connected to the scanner...but the printer still works fine.

Tried connecting directly to the PC rather than via a hub, and tried several USB cables...all with no joy...will be going back to a parallel cable at this rate...

Let me know if you get anywhere...