Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
s0l1d

Connect Two Mice to Once Computer

I'm wondering if it is possible to connect and use two mice (either PS/2-&-USB or USB-&-USB) on one computer? Has anyone tried it before and what OS and brands of mice were used?

I'm asking because I'm thinking of connecting my computer to my TV, which is just next to my desk. I have a spare mouse lying around. I would like to have one stationary mouse on the computer desk, while have the spare mouse, connected perhaps with an extension cord, permanently on the coffee table so I can kick back on the couch while watching stuff from computer on the TV. This way, I don't have to drag a mouse from the desk to table and back. And if it is possible, then I don't need to get a wireless mouse.

Thanks in Advance!

Solid

At work we used an adaptor that allowed two PS2 mice to plug into the one port. Therefore, the same signals were being sent down the cables. If I moved both mice at the same time then the cursor just went a bit bananas :-)

If it is of help, type in "y mouse" (including quotes) into Google.

It might be possible just to plug into 2 mice with no special adaptor. As I type on my laptop now, I can use the touchpad and the USB mouse at the same time.

If I remember when I get home I can try a PS2 and USB mouse at the same time and post the results...

Sorry you asked for OS-

This laptop is Windows 2000. The mouse is some nasty HP generic optical mouse with USB connection.

At home, its XP SP2. One logitech PS2 mouse and this nasty HP USB mouse again in the USB port...