Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

cant get to my own web page or the provider?!?!!?

All of a sudden today, and yesterday, I haven't been able to access www.1portfolio.com from my computer. I use them to host the site I am building www.tkesu.org and www.tkesu.com. I also made a page a while back for this lady (its probably messed up now that they edit it themselves) but it is www.sweetmfarm.com. I cannot access that page either!?!

I cant access anything that is hosted on www.1portfolio.com from my computer, or the other computers hooked up to my network. I've reset my router, had a power outage for hours which reset my internet connection, but it still doesn't work! I've even removed the hosts file completely from the computer.

But, the pages do work.

My buddy came over with his laptop. Got a wireless connection from across the street and next door. Picked the one next door (same house) and was able to connect to the page.

WTF is going on?! It's driving me nuts!

I cant even ping any of the pages. It just doesn't make any sense?!?!

what happens when you ping the site? Does it come back with "unknown host", or does it resolve the name but come back with "destination host unreachable"

If it's the first option, it indicates a problem with name resolution somewhere (not necessarily at your end - does the website have a static IP that you can ping?)

If it's the second option, it indicates problems somewhere between you and the website.

Let us know and we'll check.

Rgds

AndyF

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ping www.tkesu.org

Pinging tkesu.org [63.247.74.66] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 63.247.74.66:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Other computers ping it at 63.247.74.66 as well, but they can access it.

WTF?

This is what I am sending to my provider:

I've run into a bit of a problem here which makes absolutely no sense to me. I currently run a few websites which are hosted by a company called www.1portfolio.com. When I try to access any of the websites I've created, www.tkesu.org, www.tkesu.com, or www.sweetmfarm.com and even www.1portfolio.com I get a page cannot be loaded. I've pinged all the websites and I get the following for all of them:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ping www.tkesu.org

Pinging tkesu.org [63.247.74.66] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 63.247.74.66:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

I have the same problem on the other two computers in my network at my house. They are all connected to the same router and share the same internet connection. I've even reset the router to the default settings and disconnected from the internet for several hours when there was a power outage last night.

Now, I've asked people that are living near me to try the site. They can all access it, and when they ping, they are connecting via the same 63.247.74.66 address. I even had a wireless laptop in my room, accessing a wireless network in the house next to me, with their permission, using the same cable internet provider as me. He was able to connect to the site while my 3 computers could not.

I've also gone and removed all the addresses from the HOSTS file which can sometimes disrupt the network. I've also removed the other computers on my network so only my computer is on the network. Nothing works. I cant ever connect, while I could just a few days ago.

What is going on? It makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm totally confused.

Originally posted by arin:

Quote:
I've also gone and removed all the addresses from the HOSTS file which can sometimes disrupt the network. I've also removed the other computers on my network so only my computer is on the network. Nothing works. I cant ever connect, while I could just a few days ago.

Hi,

I suppose you have DSL? If so and you are using a router, did you try to bypass the router and put your PC directly on the splitter doing a manual dial on DSL.

Regards

AJ

I'm using cable. I'll try putting the computer right into the modem.

Originally posted by Wicked101:

Quote:
Originally posted by arin:

Quote:

Hi,

I suppose you have DSL? If so and you are using a router, did you try to bypass the router and put your PC directly on the splitter doing a manual dial on DSL.

Regards

AJ

THAT WORKED!

I have no clue why though? I totally reset the router... I guess I'll try reflashing the firmware?

ok, flashed the router with the latest firmware... all default settings... I still cannot access the pages.

Does the router somehow save a routing table on the computers that are connected to it?

With some routers you can manually save configurations on the PC, with the routing tables I'm not too sure if it save to the local PC, ask your frind with the laptop to connect through the router, you know, just for in case I am wrong about the routing table:)

I remember when I tried resetting my router it was pretty difficult, I thought I reset it a couple of time before I realized it didn't work, then I eventually got it done properly and then I flashed it with the latest firmware.

Man, I dont konw what to do. I simply cant get to the sights and as far as I know, I've totally reset the router!

I'm also in the dark here, but the only thing I can think of now is that there is something local to your 3 PC's that the router dont like, so, let your friend with the laptop connect through your router like your PC would and see if it works, if it does then we know its something local to your PC, if it dont work then its something with the router.

If the problem is something with the router then try to use the router as a Hub/Switch, set your PC up derictly on the Modem then from their to the router then to the other 2 PC's and set up ICS (internet connection sharing), then your PC that is connected to the modem accesses the internet and the other 2 through your PC via the modem, then see if those 2 PC's can access those sites

I'm not sure how to do that.

I have 2 ethernet connections on my pc on the motherboard. Should I have one running right to the modem, and then one running to the router in a regular port?

GOD DAMMIT! WHY THE FUCK DOESNT IT WORK!

THESE FUCKING OUTSOURCED SHITS ON LINKSYS DONT HELP... THEY'VE HUNG UP ACCIDENTALLY TWICE ALREADY!

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh, ok, you neet ethernet for cable, I thought it works different, but anyway, if you have 2 ethernet cards it will work. You can set up on of them on the modem, then you can set the other one up on the router, make sure that you have IP forwarding enabled, otherwise the 2 ethernet cards wont be able to see each other. Then you can do the ICS setup.

So I switched routers and the site finally worked.

BUT GET THIS.

I can get to www.1portfolio.com fine from my home computer, but some computers on my school campus and now the computers I use a work cannot access the pages!

WTF is up with www.1portfolio.com. I've emailed them several times and they have never responded. Looks like I'll have to try them when I get home.

I first created it in frontpage but then I switched to Dreamweaver when I re did the whole thing in PHP with CSS.