Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
felix

Felix has ADSL and he's a happy bugger

So I finally got my ADSL connected.

512MBit, 8gb/month download & only $AU37/month.

Happy happy joy joy!!!!!!

Originally posted by felix:

Quote:
So I finally got my ADSL connected.

512MBit, 8gb/month download & only $AU37/month.

Happy happy joy joy!!!!!!

Not a bad price at all, although the DL limit seems a bit tight. I pay around 30 UK pounds for a 1Mbit service but my ISP will be introducing a 30GB limit in the new year.

Alec, how are you surviving with the dial-up now? Would you ever consider going back to broadband? With Valve's Steam requiring large updates pretty frequently you might find it a little difficult when you get round to playing HL2; which reminds me, did you ever find your ATI voucher key?

I've been catching up on some music that I've missed over the last year on dial-up. Streaming anything can be a pain on a modem.

Plus some virus scan updates and some game updates. AS for the quota, once the inital "oh my gosh" phase wears off, I doub't I'll burn the whole 8gb. As for the price, there's AU70c per $US1 roughly so for you that would be 37*0.7=$26. I got my modem for $AU50 off ebay.

Given previously I was paying $32/month for unlimited dial-up and burning about 350-400mb, I'm on a good deal, plus cheaper long-distance, to-mobile and international calls through ISP.