Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
xrjatt

URGENT! MIcrosoft Exchange 2003 (SBS)

Setting up exchange in sbs 2003 premium, can send email to all domains, but cannot receive email, smtp connector not listening on port 25. (settings not right????)

Any website that anyone can point me towards??????

Using a Cisco 800 series router & port 25 is also open and been tested, any ideas guys??????????????????

Thnx!!!!!

If you set it up to receive mail directly in the setup wizard, then Exchange should automatically be listening on port 25.

Do you do have MX records setup for your e-mail addresses? Are they pointing to the right IP address?

One thing to try is to get someone outside the company (try from home, for example) to telnet to the address and see what responses the Exchange server is giving.

Rgds

AndyF

Do you have any Antivirus installed ?

There are some AV who block port 25 by default to avoid spam spread - McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i is one of those.

The fact that you cannot receive mail could be related to several things. I usally take a stepwise approach.

On the LAN check if you can telnet to your server on port 25

If you can't then you need to check the server config first to make sure that the smtp service is running (Control Panel). Check documentation; there are a number of services that need to be running. By default some of the mail services are not runnning.

If you can and the server listening on port 25, then you need to check the firewall if its NAT is setup to point to the server. If it is then you should be able to telnet to the external IP of your firewall on port 25 and get the same reply as you did inside the LAN.

Hope this helps.