Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mike3411

Creative DVD 6x Encore dxr3

Has anyone been able to get the decoder card that comes with the Creative DVD 6x Encore dxr3 to work? I downloaded the latest NT drivers, but after I run the .exe and reboot, the same thing happens (new hardware found, no device drivers found for this hardware). Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Mike C.

Go to WWW.SIGMADESIGNS.COM. Download the W2K drivers and software for the Hollywood + (because that is what your Dxr3 is). Install the software and then install the drivers. Watch DVD. Be happy. Do not EVER use Creative Labs crappy drivers.

------------------

C:\Dos

C:\Dos\Run

\Run\Dos\Run

Sounds ok

Only it doesn't work on a large number of peoples machines, mine included.

So if you don't mind, I'll wait for proper Creative drivers - it's upto them to pull their finger out and do something, or they'll get people going elsewhere.

Exorcist

someone put this in the faq.....

And someone better update the faq as well...some of the stuff in there is really outdated...

Ok, that worked great. Only one problem: when I try to install their (Sigma Design's)DVD player, it says "SEVERE: Unable to determine the board!". Should I install Creative's player? I think that's what I'm supposed to do, but I'm wary of f@#$ing my drivers up again.

Did you install the Sigma Designs Software first and THEN the drivers? It's been awhile but I think that's what your supposed to do. You can also go to www.dvd-utils.com and download Zone Selector. Zone Selector is a little prog that can: Disable Macrovision, Autorun your DVD, disable Sigma Design's Station software from detecting that Dxr3 is the wrong board.

For some reason I don't have to use Zone Selector on W2K. All I did was install the drivers and software from Sigma Designs and everything works. I do have to use Zone Selector if I want to use STATION in Millenium though.

------------------

C:\Dos

C:\Dos\Run

\Run\Dos\Run

NO NO NO!!

Here it is again for those who missed it:

1. Install Hollywood+ beta drivers

2. Install latest Dxr3 NT4 driver to fix the registry

3. Install the dxr3 player software.

4. Make sure your DVD drive has DMA turned on.

5. Watch a movie

And _DO NOT_ install DVD station as this simply won't work on a dxr3 in win2k.

[This message has been edited by Skywise (edited 12 February 2000).]

Ok, I found and downloaded that program, but I don't see how that'll help me - I get the error on install, not when I try to run the installed program.

Thanks!

Mike C.

Ok, so I should hook up my DVD drive via a DMA cable (as opposed to the regular IDE one)? Ok, I ran the setup program that came w/ the NT4 drivers, I'm rebooting now, as I understand it Win2k enables DMA automatically.

Thanks,

-Mike

OK I:

1. Installed Hollywood+ beta drivers

2. Install latest Dxr3 NT4 driver

3. Install the dxr3 player software. - can't do this, EXACT same problem when I run the setup utility.

Argh.

Thanks for all the help!

-Mike

Quote:
Originally posted by Skywise:
NO NO NO!!
And _DO NOT_ install DVD station as this simply won't work on a dxr3 in win2k.

Well, It works on my computer wink

This is the procedure I used:
1) I started with a clean install of Win2K (If not, you'll probably have to clean up a bit by deleting old drivers & files)
2) I downloaded and installed the Sigma Designs Win2K Beta 1 drivers from ftp://ftp.sigmadesigns.com/HollywoodPlus/HPK20BW1.ZIP
3) I downloaded Sigma Designs Windows 98 DVD Station version 1.81 from ftp://ftp.sigmadesigns.com/HollywoodPlus/HP1_81W2.ZIP
4) I downloaded the setup patch from http://perso.libertysurf.fr/forge1/dl/dxr3v181.zip
I then replaced setup.ins in the DVD Station set-up files with the one in the patch, and installed DVD-Station. (Otherwise you'll get an error message: "SEVERE: Unable to determine the board!")
5) I downloaded and installed "Universal Selector 1.4" from http://212.58.161.21/~hardware/files/usel14.zip
I then replaced SDUDF.DLL in my WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory with the "W2K 1.0 beta" version from Universial selector, ran the "HP Setreg" program to select my sone, and everything works fine smile

I can now view DVD-movies without having to run Zone selector, or any other region free utility. cool

Jings

Follow the last post EXACTLY. That's the way I've been doing it for months and it works perfectly.

Sorry to shatter this little illusion - but I followed that "to the letter" and it still doesn't work.

I stick a DVD in, start up DVD station and get a message saying "IMPEG32.DLL - EEPROM tampered - contact your reseller" - and ejects the disk.

Just goes to show nothing works for everyone.

Exorcist

Quote:
Originally posted by Exorcist:
I stick a DVD in, start up DVD station and get a message saying "IMPEG32.DLL - EEPROM tampered - contact your reseller" - and ejects the disk.

I get the same message/symptoms on my computer if I select sone 0 with HPsetreg and then tries to play a sone 1 DVD. If i select sone 1 with HPsetreg everything works fine.

Jings

[This message has been edited by jings (edited 13 February 2000).]

Nope - done that, reinstalled the software and set the HPsetreg or whatever it was to the disk region.

Exactly the same message.

Think I'll wait for Creative drivers if they pull their fingers out.

Exorcist