Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sjleworthy

SP2 and scanner problems

Hi guys

I've installed service pack 2 on both my home and works pc's, and since then i cant get the twain option to be recognised.

if i goto say photoshop, paint shop pro, irfan view, mspaint etc etc and try to aquire a twain souce (or scanner) i get this message all the time :

twain.jpg

in work it's a new HP scanner and at home it's a new Epson scanner. I've tried switching off the firewalls, re-installing the software/drivers, installing new twain drivers etc, but none seems to work.

each scanner is recognised by windows as i can do scans with them if i use their own individual user interfaces, but i just cant use a painting package to access them.

is there a patch or a solution to this?

Download updated scanner software from manufacturer. You don`t specify which scanner you have so unable to give more specific info.

thanks peterh.

i downloaded the latest Epson drivers/twain drivers and things work nicely at home now.

however, after downloading the laterst packard bell drivers for my scanner in work (an pb diamond 1200 plus) it still wont even recognise a twain device is installed.