Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yakkob

Timeout whilst surfing...With Solution..(I think)

Ok,

Recently bought a new pc, (Specs in the general discussion thread - but doesn't matter).

PC has BlueTooth, Wireless, 1394, 10/100 VIA VT6105 Network Card.

LAN works fine, but as soon as I start opening webpages (I connect through a dsl504 router), the connection dies, for about 5 mins, then kicks in again.

Soooooo, I'm thinking, update drivers for the VT6105 - Didn't work

I then install a PCI 10/100 - Same problem (weird)

I then disable the bluetooth, and the wireless, and vt6105 and leave the pci running the lan. Connection seems to last longer.

Now, I don't know about you lot, but when i surf I will open various forums, and open them all in many tabs in Firefox (thats how i surf) (on a side note, connection still the same with IE).

I then get to thinking about XP SP2 and how it limits connections, and I reckon I am well over the 10 connection limit imposed by Microsoft.

So I download the latest XP-AntiSpy 3.91, which allows you to specify unlimited etc.

And, whadda ya know....RESULT!!

I just want to know if this has caught anybody else out, and if after reading the above you agree, or am I totally off tangent.

I await your thoughts.

Just a quick update on this problem.

I forgot to mention I also flashed the mobo (not that that's the cure)

Anyways, the problem might have been to do with my ISP (which makes a lot of sense), but I was on another pc surfing. But I didn't give it enough testing.

Needless to say, I still have the other network cards disabled (don't use 'em) and everything is hunky dory.

The more I look at this problem, the more I think it could be my isp end.

Anyways...

Comments, if you feel like it..

smile