Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Curley_Boy

Change cluster size on an existing NTFS partition?

Can you use Windows 2000's 'convert' tool to alter cluster sizes on drives already formatted with NTFS, or will I need a 3rd party program?

Thanks

However, there is one caveat on this, if you already have 4K cluster sized partition(s), then there is no need to convert as this is the most effecient size you could want to use for NTFS. I think you only need to use the less effecient 16, 32, 64K cluster sizes on partitions larger then 4TB, which ATM can only be had in very large RAID arrays wink

Originally posted by Alec§taar:

Quote:
Well, that's a NEW ONE on me: I figured NTFS was limited to 2TB partition sizes!

smile

APK

P.S.=> Hey, jmmijo, check out the latest on this one... you'll love the results I am guessing:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread29591-1.html

apk

No I think you maybe correct on this one, I still say it's pretty much a mute point as to wether it's 2 or 4 TB as this kind of storage is pretty darn massive either way wink

BTW - I did read that, yeah it's very nice indeed. However they are still working on releasing the XP version...

Well I also asked you an important, to me that is, question about Speedcache, take a gander over at your speed thread please laugh

See you laterz as I'm heading home from work now, a nice 4 day weekend for me, hahahahahaha wink