eirepunk

PLEASE help me!Norton 2005 difficulty!Thanks

hi there

When I try install Norton 05 Internet Security s box comes up

IDSERR_REGISTERWITHLIVEUPDATE

when I hit ok.....

A box comes up saying

SETUP ERROR-

NORTON 2=INTERNET SECURITY 2005 INSTALLATION HAS FAILED.DO YOU WANT TO TRY TO INSTALL AGAIN..

If I hit retry,same problem again...

How the hell do I get around this!?

PLEASE help and if you know how,try keep it as simple as possible not great with PCS

THANKS

D

Have you had a previous version of Norton Antivirus/Internet Security etc. installed on your PC?

There is a possiblity that the previous version is still hanging around without being properly un-installed.

Is your PC upto the minimum requirements for Norton?

Please post reply.

Gadget

Hi..

thanks..

My PC is a Windows XP,and no there is no other Norton stuff on it,I cant really figure it out...I thought it might be spyware etc. so I D/loaded Spybot Search And Destroy but no...

could it be my settings?

I am having the same exact problem as eirepunk. I try to install NIS 2005 and I get this error message that says "IDSinst.exe" which states that "IDSERR_REGISTERWITHLIVEUPDATE" I have tried everything to get this fixed. I keep deleting prior norton files and the live update and I keep restarting my pc and trying to install but I keep getting the same thing!!! I have been trying to download this for days and I am getting very frustrated!!! What can I do to get this problem fixed. I was going to call tech support, but they charge $30. per problem which is crazy!!! And from what I hear they don't help out a bit. Please help me!!!

-maureen_32683

Hi,

I have tried several times to install Norton Internet Security 2005. Each time, the following error message appears: "Norton Internet Security 2005 installation has failed. Do you want to try to install again?".

I already tried the solutions proposed on Symantec website:

1) Verify that the computer is virus free --> the scan didn't detect any viruses

2) Make sure needed Windows services are running --> Task scheduler correctly works

3) Uninstall and reinstall all your Symantec programs

None of these solutions has worked. Could you please advise me on what to do to sort it out?

I have Windows XP, service pack 2.

I purchased Norton internet security 2005 (student edition) in February.

Cheers,

Julien

I fought the same problem, no matter what I did I kept getting the same error's. I then turned off the windows firewall and it installed with no problems.

I have solved the same problem with remove Hacktool.Rootkit Virus on 63 files in the PC with Windows XP family SP1. I have used Symantec Recovery disk with last virus definitions. smile

Sacha PERZOFF (Switzerland)