Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
motionman04

Problem with NFSU 2

I am running XP Pro SP2, whenever I try to run NFSU 2, windows gives me a termination error right before the game eve starts. I believe the problem is with DirectX 9.0c, for some reason, when I try to install it, it says its already been installed even though the version I have is 9.0b. Has anyone figured out a solution for this directx error??

I am getting a similar problem I have XP with SP1 but whenever I run NFSU2 the program says that there is an error in the program. I am unsure as to wether the problem is DX9 but I will check tonight. I already have 9.0b. Is Direct X the problem or is it something else?

EDIT - Also when I installed the program the Direct X installer never actually came up asking to install it.

if you have installed dx9.0c on your system, it's normally works, if it doesn't look on this site www.gamecopyworld.com choose a mirror and click enter search for need for speed underground 2!

(don't worry about my bad english, but i'm german and 15 years old) smile

I know this doesnt help anyone much but...Im havin the same problem too. I have a feeling its something to do with service pack 2 but i have no means of uninstalling it so i cant tell... AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.1ghz, 512mb ram, nvidia geforce4 64mb MX 440 with AGP8X (newest driver installed), sound card..newest driver installed and STILL doesnt work.. i have tried it in safe mode, ive tried uninstalling my directx but same thing happens (except it says "not found" in dxdiag) mannn if anyone knows how to fix this thing please tell all of us.... ps.. not in my case, but to share knowledge, ive heard its cuz of cracked xp..do you guys have legit copies(of xp)?