Sign in to follow this  
Malaris

Want "WICKED-FAST" Disks? Check it...

Originally posted by Alec§taar:

Quote:
yellowish bars

They look green to me 8)

Quote:
It's making my hard disks respond nearly as fast as my CENATEK "RocketDrive" 2gb unit (which scores an unreal 655mb/sec cached or uncached typically)

I have a deep trust in the information you provide APK, but I think that must be a slight exaggeration.

Define 'nearly as fast'....

So APK, are you thinking about creating one of these yourself, the other post seemed to indicate this to me wink

I would much rather pay you then somebody else that's for sure laugh

My issue is that I really can't see spending about $300 on a caching app/driver no matter what it did for me.

I really think they need to produce a desktop edition for the end user and optimize it for gaming wink

I can tell you that many of us hard core gamers would like to get better performance out of our rigs but not at that kind of cash frown

I would really like to see how this app runs on standard 7200 SATA drives in a RAID Zero array laugh

@ apk

i got curious about tweaking my 2000 system.harddisk performance is very important for things like video-or audio editing what i'm doing most of my free time.

so i don't know.what's the disadvantage of such programs like supercache except the need for lots of ram.as i understood these kind of programs are made for server systems but thinking of them as high performance systems, maybe it neither would be wrong for my editing purposes at my little workstation, although i should get some extra ram and a second harddisk first.

you see that i'm spending a lot of time here atm, but it's just too interesting...

phil

p.s. you mentioned that you used WinTune97 for the benchmark test, so i guess you ran it on another Win9x networked-system during test, no ? i'm asking because i never did that and i don't know anything about the best procedure for doing it.

im gonna stick with scsi and scsi raid's until

we get past this whole magnetic media thingy

yay solid state hard drives!