Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
diezel

Questions about Linux and Ximian Evolution 1.4

hi everyone!

I am pretty much new about Linux and Ximian Evolution. We are using Ximian Evolution 1.4. My questions are:

1.) How do you share your Ximian Evolution Calendar with everybody in the office? We are basically a very small office and all of us here are not that familiar with Linux.

2.) How do you save a word file from Microsoft Word to Linux OpenOffice.org writer and text document?

Please i NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Diezel

I wish I could help you on the address problem, but I'm afraid I can'tat the moment. I'll look into it for you though.

On the MS to OO problem, this isn't a problem at all. OO will open MS .doc and .rtf files. OO is also able to save in those formats.

I have my folks save all documents in rich text format, the Rosetta Stone as it were of all word processors.

Since it seems I must daily remind my people of this, you may want to share it with your folks as well....

No word processor is going to always open and display a file exactly the way it appeared after it was created by a different word processor.

A file created in MS is going to be a little off when opened in OO and vice versa.

thank you so much! i would try that and spread the words to my fellow subjects! lol...