Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
willywon

Internet Explorer Error

I am getting an error when I start some web sites that says, "Internet explorer has encountered an error...." and at the top of the error it says, Error Signature: Appname iexplore.exe Appver 6.0.2800 1106 Modname:msvcrt.dll Modver: 6.1.8293.0 offset 000154a7

Anyone encounter this error before?

Try reinstalling the software and sending the report to Microsoft.

Check the Windows Update website for security update files.

1.What machine are you running on?

I'm seeing almost the exact same problem on a Windows 98SE system:

AppName: iexplore.exe

AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106

ModName: msvcrt.dll

ModVer: 6.1.8293.0

Offset: 00015ca2

It doesn't happen all the time but is pretty consistent at certain sites. In particular with NetZero's webmail.

We've applied Windows Updates. We've had IE6SP1 setup reinstall modules. We've run updated Ad-Aware, SpyBot S&D and McAfee Virus Scanner.

For the moment I've installed Firefox so they can get their mail. Hopefully they'll decided to stick with Firefox but I'm still trying to find a solution.

See Microsoft website message 21 December 2004. They cannot yet solve it for Windows 98!!!! The suggested Workaround does not work for me!!

I would agree with the spybot, adaware, and antivirus scan. Make sure all are up to date before scanning. There is another program I like to use called aluria (www.download.com) that I have found will find and eliminate a lot of spyware too. I couldn't hurt.