Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dapperdan & danleff rock!

Website design tools, gnutella client?

Hello, I was just wondering if there are any web design tools like dreamweaver out there for linux (in .RPM, .BIN, SH format please. Tar is hard :|). I know HTML quite well but I dont know java script,xhtml,dhtml or anything. So, using a tool like thats makes it easy for me. Just HTML web sites look kinda lame...

Also a gnutella cleint would be cool (graphical). I have gtk-gnutella. It's kinda hard to get the filters working. I want one where I can find just mp3 or jusr mpeg or something like that. If you can do that in gtk-gnutella then please inform me on how! smile

Anyways any help would be nice, thank you!

I use Amule and nicotine. Amule is gnutella and nicotine is soulseek. If you are using a debian distro just apt-get install nicotine amule

There are a number out there, many are included in newer Linux distros on one of the install cd's or pre-installed with the distro. It also depends on how complex a program that you want to run. One that helps to write the code for you? One that is easy to use, or allows you to have more imput in the design process? I use a number, including Bluefish, Quanta Plus and Nvu.

So, what distro are you running? Are you using Gnome or KDE as your desktop environment?

Yes, it is designed by the Linspire folks (yes it is free) and works quite well. It seems good for beginners with WYSIWYG, but, as you would expect, you can use hand code as well.

even though i do not post that much recently ont he boards, i think my name should be part of your user name=p jealousy!

Daum

Downloading the mozilla suit from mozilla.org works - it has a web design program that works just fine. Much like frontpage.