Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scotface

sims 2 set and game not in English

Help I am a newbie to computers and games and bought from ebay from a German guy Sims 2 it arrived from Thailand today. I have no idea how to play it in English and apparently it can.

I was surprised to find a "My Disc" CD included in the package the accompaning letter was in German so I do not know what is happenning. Have sent email to site but I am impatient. Does anyone know what I should be doing. Something with autorun. The CD had a sims2.reg file and sims2.nri? but no sims2.exe. in homemade CD

Thanks

Scotface.

Sounds like you bought a pirated copy. A *.nri file is a Nero ISO CD-ROM Compilation.

If it were me? I would contact EA directly, probably something like piracy@ea.com and give them the complete details.

That said, you're pretty much out of luck with that copy, you'll need to purchase a legitimate copy.

Hi, I have an official copy that came from Thailand I have serial number all above board except I thought it would contain English. I guess the homemade cd that came with it allows me to change something and view English. Managed to find German. I would not have got it from Thailand if I had known all of this beforehand but now finances low so want this one to work.

I think I have solution for you. Just go to the folder where your windows is. Then open it. Look for the file called Registryedit, then open it. After you open on your left hand side there will be list of folder looking things. Choose Local mechine -> software->EA game->sims2->1

Then you will see there is a file looking thing called language, on the otherside of screen. double click on it. Then change whatever the number it is showing to 13. and confirm your choice by click ok. Then leave this screen. Open your game again. You should see the change. If this method doesnt work, post here, and I will try to find another ways for you.